Thursday, July 3, 2014

Chewy Nutella White Chocolate Chunk Cookies! - I saw it on Pinterest

7/4/2014

Happy fourth of July! I made these yummy yummy treats a few days ago for my sister's house warming party, but I think they would make a great treat for a fourth of July party! I was looking on Pinterest for simple, yummy dessert recipes. I loved this one because the ingredients are delicious and I only had to buy 2 things, everything else I already had! They were so simple to make and they were a hit! (especially when warm).

My version





Pinterest version



I copied this recipe straight from the source: Averie Cooks. I recommend just a few small changes, so I have listed below the ingredients and steps...and how it looked in the process...

Ingredients
 unsalted butter, softened (1 stick)
heaping 1/3 cup Nutella (stir well before adding)
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch salt, optional and to taste
1 cup white chocolate chips

1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Steps


Step 1: Combine in a large bowl your egg, nutella, brown sugar, sugar, butter (mine was melted, but it worked fine), and vanilla

Step 2: Using an electric mixer on low (or some very speedy wooden spoon stirring), mix all of your "wet" ingredients until combined.

Step 3: Next, add in your "dry" ingredients: flour, corn starch, baking soda, and mix until just combined.

Step 4: Drop in your white and semi-sweet chocolate chips. I used a wooden spoon to mix mine.

Step 5: Grab a 1/4 cup cookie scoop and a large plate. Make cookie balls!

Step 6: Wrap your cookies up in some saran wrap and put them in the fridge for one hour. According to the original recipe, the cooling of the dough is what helps these cookies be nice and soft!

Step 7: Preheat the oven to 350F. Place your cookie balls 2 inches apart on a pre-sprayed baking pan.  

Step 9: Cook for 8-10 minutes (I baked mine for exactly 9 minutes and they came out perfectly)

Based on my own tastebuds and the feedback I got, these cookies get 5 stars! I highly recommend eating them while warm with a glass of milk. Just a recommendation :)

No comments:

Post a Comment