Sunday, April 20, 2014

Toffee Dip with Apples - I saw it on Pinterest


4-20-2014

As with many "pinners" I pin an excessive amount of truly delicious looking foods, and I actually make about 1% of them. In an attempt to increase this percentage, I experimented on my family this Easter with a tasty looking appetizer I found on Pinterest.

Pinterest version:



My version:





Materials

- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 8-oz. package of cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Heath Toffee Bits (I found these at Target)
- 5 Fuji apples (or whatever other kind of apples you want)
- 1 lemon (optional)

The 5 apples, sliced, fed about 10 people for 2 solid hours of snacking.


Steps
Step 1: Mix together the brown sugar, powdered sugar, cream cheese, and vanilla extract.

Step 2: Pour in the Heath Toffee Bits. Stir gently.

Step 3: Chill for 1 hour before serving.

Step 4: Slice apples about 5-10 minutes before serving. I squeezed a small amount of lemon juice over the top of the apples so they would not brown as quickly. I sliced two apples first, then one at a time as needed after that.


This was SUPER simple and a huge hit with my family. I give this Pinterest make over 5 stars! My picture definitely doesn't begin to do it justice! MMMmmmmm! 


No comments:

Post a Comment