Monday, April 21, 2014

100 Calorie Snacks - I saw it on Pinterest


4-21-2014

I saw this great idea on Pinterest last week and thought it was brilliant so I decided to try my own version of it.

Pinterest version:



My version:



I love this idea because you can really make it your own. The original link on Pinterest suggested making one box with about 12 snacks for an entire day, but I wanted something a little different. I am frequently looking for snacks and ending up eating wayyyy more than a single serving of most things. And really, a 100 calorie snack is more than enough to quell my snacky hunger most of the time.

So, I went to Target and bought some snacks I really like. Some of the things I bought were naturally 90-100 calories, others I put into baggies to make approximately 100 calories. Now when I go to reach for a snack, I know exactly how many calories I am eating.
Materials
- ANY snack you want that can be made into 100 calorie size! Here is what I got:
- Smores granola bars (target brand)
- Raisins
- Almonds (a little less than 1/4 cup per bag)
- Honey Pretzel sticks (from Trader Joes - about 9 per bag)

I think the steps are quite apparent!


I am leaving this tub in a highly accessible place so they are the easiest for me to grab and enjoy! I think they are going to be a perfect pre-workout snack for some energy. I give this Pinterest make over a 5!


No comments:

Post a Comment