Thursday, June 26, 2014

DIY T-shirt Re-fashion (No sew): I saw it on Pinterest

6/22/2014

I found this AMAZING blog by a woman who is the Queen Sheba of t-shirt re-fashions on Pinterest. I found this particular style on her blog and thought I would try to emulate...

My version






Pinterest version:






Materials
- T-shirt (I used a Small Fruit of the Loom because I wanted mine a little more form fitting. I suggest using Hanes, their t-shirts are softer.)
- Scissors
- Chalk or fabric marker

Steps
- I followed the exact steps found on the blog by WobiSobi.

Use chalk to mark the cuts you want to make. Make sure to put a piece of cardboard or sewing board between the two sides of the shirt so you don't accidentally cut the other side.

Pinch the fabric in the middle of your line to start cutting. Use big scissors strokes to cut as straight as possible up and down each line.

Turn to the back. Use the chalk to outline the shape you want, then use a straight edge to draw your lines.

Cut the lines on the back of your t-shirt.
Overall, I give this t-shirt redo 4 1/2 stars. The t-shirt I used was of a slightly stiff material, so the fabric does not lay as nicely as I would like. Otherwise I think this is a funky re-fashion that is so simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment